Thursday 27 January 2011

Summer is far away and I like it

This should have been a post about outfits. Or stockings (just got three new pairs of WKD Retro seamed stockings, in nude). Or the fun party this weekend. Instead, let me marvel about summer and winter. Lately bloggers have been longing for spring and summer (link, link, link), the usual turn of season-longing that gets us all towards the end of a season. However, this time I'm not feeling it. Don't get me wrong, I love summer; light, thin dresses and open-toed shoes, but right now I don't miss it. How could I, when Umeå looks like this:



These pictures were taken a week ago, it's less rimfrost now but still beautiful.


This is the best part of the year for me. The days are getting longer (the sun is setting after three! yay!), it's snowy and it's not horribly cold.



A perfect winter wonderland. I never tire of it.


I'm sure summer will be great, and when it comes I'll revel in the midnight-light (end of this post) and the wonderful greenery. But right now, I'm happy where I am. In a winter wonderland. Hoping winter will last at least two more months.

/Erika

6 comments:

Lauren said...

How lovely, I can understand why you would love winter when it looks like that!

Anonymous said...

Underbara bilder på vårt vackra land!
mamma

Erika said...

Thank you, Lauren! I used to live 650 kilometers south of here, and I don't at all regret moving to these long and cold winters =)

Tackar, mamma! Nästa vinter måste vi verkligen se till att planera så du kommer på besök vid den här tiden på året. Vi kommer ju alltid på det vid jul, dvs för sent...

Kitten loves vintage said...

Vintrigt o. vackert! Speciellt så länge temperaturen hålls mellan -1 och -7 ungefär (inte för kallt o ingen halka) så är vintern riktigt trevlig. Underbart också att det börjar bli ljusare utomhus igen...

dagliga smulor said...

Vilka härliga vinterbilder, vackert !

Erika said...

Kitten; jag bara älskar slutet på vintern! Nu börjar det t o m närma sig att det är ljust när man går till jobbet ocj ljust när man går hem. Magiskt!

Dagliga smulor; Tackar så mycket!